Copyright Veikko J. Pyhtilä, Lahti, Finland, 1990-2020
Let’s develop an easy-to-learn, derived from basic concepts, describing phonetically, beautiful, clear world language, also for knowledge gathering, structuring, refinement, compression, standardization, speech recognition, and artificial intelligence.
THE RESULTS MADE BY MY HOBBY
I made in the 1990s during the economic recession, when there was mass unemployment in Finland, multimedia language teaching books making (Germany, Russia). I grouped the words according to the basic concepts. I also developed my own easy language for fun. Here is a summary of my output for about 20 years to develop an easy, logical world language. This has a number of structures which I’ve recently edited.
The roadmap solving linguistic problems
- Find out the principles and alternatives of artificial language.
- A study of basic concepts is made of 94,000 Finnish words, Finnish base words and some loan words over 10,000.
- Which of the basic concepts each word is best and most clearly derived from, coding of words as they are pronunced.
- Sample language sentences. Vosa by topics.
- Developing, modifying, and extending Vosa into an easy world language for public awareness. This phase is going on.
- Development and evaluation team with members from all world languages.
- Vosa has become the dominant language in international cooperation and is spoken by almost everyone in the world.
ASSESSMENT OF MY PROPOSALS AND OBJECTIONS
- It would require several hired experts from several languages around the world to modify the new language. ANSWER: At start I can do this alone, at least tentatively, if time is available. People can have a time-consuming disagreement. If there is no funding and no income, then how salaries are paid. Even if you are hired, if you do not have the enthusiasm, the ability to think and the know-how, you will not get good results.
- It is hard work derive special vocabulary, words could become very long if the concept they refer to is formed by basic concepts. ANSWER: Special, scientific vocabulary, at least initially, can be edited and abbreviated from words that are already common or may be very infrequent. Nowadays, words are, in a sense, agreements on the meaning of concepts in different contexts. Similarly, in a new language, the use cases must be limited and the use of words are understood by contexts.
- It takes a lot of time to optimize the language in every respect. ANSWER: Logic is emphasized by explaining the basic concepts in sufficient detail and coding them with alphanumeric characters, so word derivation is a fairly fast.
- English and languages have very large vocabulary, if it is necessary to formulate a new word for all words so that it does not contradict the previously derived words, it takes a lot of time. ANSWER: Almost all English words do not have to be matched, as they contain a huge number of synonyms, whose nuances can be expressed by additional attributes or new stem words.
- Perhaps it would be easier to edit English, Finnish or some other language into a shortened, regularized and simplified language. ANSWER: I have come to the conclusion that language becomes the most logical, when the words are derived by combining the basic concepts or made phonetic descriptive, so they are also easy to learn. So far, the language issues are that everyone has their own mother tongue and, if necessary, they learn other languages. Language learning should not take as much time as it does today.
- Existing languages are not changed, except that they change over time and come with new vocabulary and borrow words from other languages. ANSWER: It’s time, even for artificial intelligence, to make a better world language for handling knowledge and ease interacting with people.
- It is hard to transform all stored information and literature into a new language. However, you must study at least English. ANSWER: Intelligent translation programs make initial translations instantly, which can then be edited and checked. There is no compulsion to translate, just a summary of the knowledge and once. Thus, at the same time, the Internet and other sources of information can be made according to the model, New Object Model of Knowledge and the Internet , not the same information being repeated, and at least the basic information could be made commonly available to everyone with the new language.
A NEW SHORT, LOGICALLY DERIVED LANGUAGE OF THE WORLD
- Good for speech recognition in computers, artificial intelligence, international communication.
- Easy to learn because words are derived from basic concepts.
- Words are unambiguous, not synonymous, nuances are expressed by attributes.
- Words are spelled as they are pronounced and is aimed descriptive and beauty with sounds.
- Easy grammar.
I wish experts and amateurs to join in the development of this language from all the languages of the world! Give suggestions, evaluations to proposals! I first and later a team make the decisions and lead the development. My decisions can be criticized for good reason, so I can change my decisions. What are the basic concepts from which other words are derived? How and from what basic concepts does each new word to be derived the wisest , shortest, clearest, most logical and phonetically beautiful? Simple grammar and sentence structures. The language must be easy and quick to learn. See grammar the principles for details!
HOW VOSA HAVE AND COULD STILL BE DEVELOPED
Define all concepts verbally with basic concepts. What are the basic concepts included in each word? Let’s start looking at the most common words and put the word next to the word already on the list, which is conceptually closest to it. On the other hand, the same word can be associated with many basic concepts, thus defining a word from which basic concepts it could be derived by combining. Synonyms obviously belong to the same group, but you need describe the difference in nuances by prefix, suffix, word combinations or attributes. In this way, basic concepts and derived concepts can be found out. According to the model, words are derived according to certain rules. Which of the concepts of a word is it the wisest to derive and what is the best and clearest suggestion of phonetics and logic. However, words and phrases must be as phonetically beautiful as possible and clearly distinguished from other words, so that automatic speech recognition and interpreters work more reliably and make software easier to use. On the other hand, if one strictly adheres to logic in the derivation of words, phonetic beauty and ease of pronunciation may suffer. There is therefore a balance to be struck between sound and consistency. Also, words must be memorable optimally.
Basic concepts of language can also have icons, so that writing can also become pictorial. The icons are clear and unambiguous. The icon-suggestions? They must be able to draw and write easily and quickly. At least 128 or 256 or 512 or 1024 basic concepts. Could be made an icon language to help with studying and communicating. There are even more than 100,000 characters in the Chinese language, of which the learned Chinese are likely to have a command of about 5,000 to 10,000. About 80% of Chinese characters have pronunciation characters, the rest somehow describe a word, a concept. There are hundreds of identical patterns in the letters, and the patterns are formed by pen strokes of a few dozen directions, lengths, and shapes. Vosa may be enough with letters writing describing voices, but an international easy language could have also an iconic addition.